Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: fight sequence

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm about to film a fight sequence between 2 women. one is 5'10 and one is 5'1... the smaller woman is the final victor. It's a horroe/fantasy film (ish) but not gore-fest. Does anyone have any tips for filming or stunts. I'd really like a few superhuman throws from one place to another but I've never done anything like this before.
    Thanks
    Dylan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member titas's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You need to plot what you'd "like" to happen quite precisely and then break the fight down into sections which you can easily film. Within this will be your stunts. Plan your stunts precisely but do assess the risk. Try and get hold of a fight director and a stunt person to advise you at least. Sometimes the simplist things can become dangerous. Flying bodies really need to be done with the proper equipment. Flying harnesses, thick throw mats etc. Check out www.fightdirector.com for online advice. Where ever possible do the fight with clever photography and direction as opposed to actual "stunts". Hope this helps. Carter.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member titas's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #4
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I definatley agree. Fast edits can make something look extremely violent, even if it was very safe to actually film.
    Use camera angles and clever edits instead of expensive wires, stunts and special effects.
    And prepare it all before hand with drawings and notes. Make sure everyone is clued up.

    I tried something like this recently, and the plan changed so we didnt have a clear picture of what we were going to do. I had to improvise and spontaneuously ask my actors to do the weirdest things, they all thought I was mad, (but they do anyway), but bless em they did it, and I put it together in the edit. (It was of a Vampire leaping over someones head, him catching them and throwing them onto a stake stuck in the ground) It works really well, and with some sound effects will be even better. And it was actually totally safe, if a bit strenuous, to do. Although it looks like someone is about 7 feet off the ground, they were only really about 3. Camera angles. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Remember David and Golliath?

    Cos Golliath was big, he was weak.

    Think about that wink

    Mods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •